Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guest Designer Post: Stylish and Hip Chase

It's your March Guest Designer, Thanh, here with Chase; the stylish and hip!

I have always loved this image of Chase as he reminds me a little of Chuck from Gossip Girl. Excuse my guilty pleasure-teeny bopper indulgence, but the hair and the smile are perfect!


I wanted to keep my card simple and still mailable, so I kept the embellishments down to a minimum and let the patterned paper and the image speak for themselves. How do you go about making masculine cards? I'm always curious to know how everyone does their own thing. If you want to learn a little more about my process, click on over to my blog here. I'm doing a 3 part series on making masculine cards. 

Here are the Copics I used for his hair, skin and eyes:


The coloursI used on his blazer, tie, pants and shoes:


Thanks for dropping by today and visiting me at the Yumi and Fumi Blog. xo t
 

1 comment:

Leanne said...

He's awesome Thanh!! I always love making boy/guy cards, there's just not that many images to work with out there. But when it comes to those kinds of themes I try to go with what I consider boy colors, like blues, greens, blacks, browns and a geometric style of papers. no ribbons, but maybe some twine and buttons!
Great card!!