Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas Decor!

A quick holiday project!

Today I'm going to show you how simple it is to create a fun little wall hanging using many supplies you already own.

The First thing I did was get down my box of Christmas craft supplies and pick out my Yumi & Fumi Stamps to use. I have many holiday things stashed away so what's pictured below may not end up on my project  The one thing I did purchase was a little Project Hanger by Cosmo Cricket.  It was inexpensive, I think we all like that!










Next I used some banner pieces that I had in my stash.  You can easily cut your own banners using heavy card stock, or even light cardboard.  Just so it's sturdy enough that they lay nice and flat.



I picked out some paper to cover them and added a sticker boarder on the top for added detail. I decided I needed some extra color so I cut additional rectangles of patterned paper to use behind the banners.




Next I got my images colored with Copic Markers and cut out. Aren't they cute!



Finally I assembled it.  I played around a little bit with the images and embellishments to find what worked the best.  Obviously I wanted the main focus on my colored images so I kept it very simple.




I'm showing a picture of it on white, and below on wood.  The picture was taken on an old chimeny cabinet I have in the house just to show that it displays nicely on a light or dark background!



The possibilities are really endless with this and I hope I've inspired you to give it a try.
Happy Crafting,

MelissaO


7 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

super cute project Melissa!!!

Blankina said...

That's so cool Melissa!!!

HUgs Blankina

kanatanewf said...

Don't they look like one big happy family - all ready to celebrate? LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

This is adorable Melissa! Great project with beautiful colors to bring in holiday spirit!

Denice said...

What a fun and unique project...I love everything about this! A fabulous share Melissa!

Iris said...

Just too cute.

RiNNE said...

This is amazing!! Love it, Melissa!